- 1kg whole fish
- 1 lemon
- 5g ginger
- 4 green shallots, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon AYAM Fish Sauce
- I tablespoon AYAM Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon AYAM Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon AYAM Sesame Oil
Combine the lemon juice, the Fish sauce, the Chilli sauce, the Teriyaki Sauce and the Sesame oil in a bowl. Remove the rind from a quarter of the lemon with a vegetable peeler. Cut the rind in very fine strips - these will be sprinkled on top of the fish later.
Place the fish in a bamboo or metal steamer. The steamer then should be placed in a wok or large saucepan with enough boiling water to almost reach the base of the steamer.
Brush the fish with a little of the lemon mixture and sprinkle the lemon rind, the ginger and the shallots on top of the fish.
Cover and cook the fish over high heat for about 5 minutes, until the fish is tender.
Serve the fish drizzled with the remaining lemon juice mixture for that extra flavour.