Recipe by Roberta Muir
1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for pan-frying
1 red onion, halved and cut into eighths
Salt flakes, to taste
1 bunch choy sum
185g AYAM™ Nasi Goreng Rice Paste
3 cups cooked rice
4 lettuce leaves
1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
200g grape tomatoes, halved
4 green onions, sliced
2 tbsps deep-fried shallots
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add onion and a good sprinkle of salt and cook, covered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until starting to colour.
- Meanwhile, slice the choy sum, keeping the leaves and stems separate.
- Stir choy sum stems and nasi goreng paste into the onion.
- Add rice, stir until well combined and cook for 3 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, fry eggs in a little vegetable oil.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on plates with cucumber and tomato on the side.
- Stir choy sum leaves and green onion through rice and cook for a further minute or so, until leaves are just wilted.
- Spoon rice into lettuce leaves, top with egg, sprinkle with deep-fried shallots and serve.