About 50 pieces
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time 20 mins
- 1 can Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil (with oil)
- 2 packets wonton skins
- 50g cheddar cheese, a block cut into small cubes
- 2 stalks spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g turnip or carrot, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep frying
- Mash sardines and mix with oil from the can, then add
- in cheese, spring onions, turnip or carrots. Season to taste.
- Preheat oil in wok for deep frying.
- Fill wonton skins with a teaspoon of filling each and fold into triangles, brush sides with a little beaten egg to seal the edges.
- Deep fry till golden brown and crispy, drain off excess oil in paper towel and serve immediately with a dip.