Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time 35 mins
- 60g shallots
- 3 red chillies
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 100ml corn or sunflower oil
- 2 cans Flakes Spicy Tuna in Olive Oil (with oil)
- 200g fresh grated coconut (white part only)
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 150 ml of water
- 50g soft brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Toss coconut with turmeric powder and fry it in a wok without oil until almost dry. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, cook blended ingredients over medium heat until oil breaks surface. Add in tuna and olive oil, 150 ml water and sugar, cook until sugar dissolves.
- Next add in fried coconut, season with salt if needed, and continue to fry over medium heat until the mixture is dry.
- Cool and serve with hot white rice or buttered white bread. It can be stored in the refrigerator up to 1 week.