Prep Time: 10 Mins - No Cooking
- 1 can Ayam Brand™ Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Chili, halved, retain oil & chilli
- 2 small cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 60ml rice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 chilli padi, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar or to taste
Rub salt into cucumber and set aside for 5 minutes. Drain off the liquid and rinse.
Squeeze off excess liquid from cucumber. Mix together pickling liquid ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved. Toss together with sardines with olive oil and extra chilli from sardines' can. Add in cucumber.
Toss and chill to serve.
Tip: You can eat it with toast, crackers or in a salad or as an appetizer.